Sunday 4 May 2014

With my soul

Watch this =)



 I was very encouraged by this song this morning!  I don't know why the effect was so profound today, but nonetheless it was.  I think perhaps it had to do with the sudden realization that "my sin - not in part - but in Whole - as in ALL OF IT - was nailed to the cross so many years ago =)
It's so frustrating that I keep on sinning.  I get so discouraged and annoyed as I battle through habits that won't die or actions towards others that I'm so ashamed of.  Why?  Why can't I just be a Christian robot, and stop sinning??



Ok, so maybe Colby doesn't quite reflect what I'm trying to say, but I'm laughing pretty good right now :p

Okay, back to the first video. It has to do with that separation between the Flesh and its desires, and the battle for the Soul (or spirit - and no, I'm conveniently ignoring the Spirit/Soul theology stuff.  I suspect the author of this song is probably theologically referring to spirit/soul as being interchangeable).  Christians believe that we are more than our desires and actions.  We believe that our Soul, which now belongs to Jesus, has been made pure because of the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying on the cross for the sins of the world.
Christians still sin though, and that's the confusing part.  However our soul doesn't want to sin anymore.  We no longer have this desire to reject God, but rather we want to embrace Him as our King.  Yes, there's always a part of us that wants to do evil, but we also desire to do good.  It's that part, that now belongs to Jesus, that will spend eternity with Him who made us all.
That brings a peace to my heart.  A security.  A sigh of relief as I consider how often I sin.  In terms of how my Soul feels though - it's at peace with God and with everyone else.  I know who I belong to, and I'm happy to declare it throughout eternity.  Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen =)



No comments:

Post a Comment